Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A little note can go a long way.



Somewhere in all of the random websites I find, I came across this photo. The idea is simple, it's a small business card with the short message, "You are beautiful" on it. Once given the card, you are meant to pass it on to someone who you think is beautiful.

I absolutely love this idea!! I think that why it appeals to me so much is because so many people have such a hard time expressing how they feel to another person. This little act of kindness lets someone else know that you care and can totally brighten someone's day.

I saw another site once where a girl wrote little notes in her notebook and tore out the pages, hiding them about in public places for others to find. For example, she left one in a public restroom thanking the cleaners for working so hard; another was a positive thought left for someone on a park bench. This seems like such a fun and easy way to make someone's day a little bit more cheery. I think I will do this. But, knowing me, I will probably hide around the corner to watch for the finder's expression as they happen upon my little happy note. :)


2 comments:

  1. Every one needs constant appreciation for the work they do in order to work better. There is nothing better than thanking them for the good work thay have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Vinay Rai: I am such a firm believer in thanking people for their hard work. What a simple and wonderful way to let someone know that you've noticed them and you care. Thanks for the comment. (See, so easy to show appreciation!!) :)

    ReplyDelete