Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Want To Know You

Why does talking to you,
Taking that first step toward you,
Have to be so hard?
I want to know you,
The real you.
I want to know if you sleep with socks on,
And if you sing in the shower,
And how you look when you
Hear a song you haven’t heard in years.
I want you to know all of my silly little quirks
And to see some of yours to fall in love with.
I want to ask you to share a coffee
And not say something dumb about
The weather or when the garbage goes out.
In my mind I’ve asked you a million times
To sit and get to love me
So I can get to love you.
In my mind you’ve called me
And I’ve answered and
I’ve finally gotten it right.
I can tell you are something special
Because every time I see you
I can’t even remember my name
Or how lonely I was
Just before you walked in.

1 comment: